Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vincent Farino Choice

I have been discussing a book with one of my friends called The Naked Gospel. This book makes claims that there are thoughts or ideas that Christians have come to believe only because that is what they have heard many times, and that it is not actually in the Bible. I thought that was interesting that there are certain things that I personally have believed in my faith without actually basing it on the Bible. I would hear things from different friends, family, and Pastors and just assume that what they have said was in the Bible, but in some cases it was not. There was also another interesting point that this man makes and that is that the New Covenant that Jesus makes does not actually happen until his death. This means that all of the Gospels word's and teachings are not included in that New Covenant because Christ has not died yet. I will have to do more research on this subject, but I thought that it was an interesting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment