Friday, April 23, 2010

Kelsey Garegnani - new world

The story of the creation of Narnia I thought was very beautifully abstract. It didn’t stick straight with the biblical version but had many similar part. I think the similar parts serve to connect the two and make an inference which gives us concept of where it is going. The differences, the artistically redefined version, I thought served to expand our view of the process. All the songs and the movements are more symbolic …and who is to say it didn’t happen like that? Maybe God did sing? Or his words created songs? But either way I saw it as a way of expanding the story to incorporate more feelings and magic. Also, when I first read this story I thought of it from the world perspective and how that would feel to be created, exploring new things piece by piece. That processes ende up being what I thought was very similar to what becoming a Christian is like. How you don’t realize you are empty until you are filled, and do not do not realize what it means to be thirsty until you are quenched….is like how you might feel empty but until you are filled with the spirit you don’t realize how empty you are or how much you have been thirsting after Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment