Friday, April 23, 2010

Anne Taylor Robertson 5: Till We Have Faces 1

"It was when I was happiest that I longed most...The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing...to find the place where all the beauty came from."
I think that in every life there is an unstoppable yearning- not to know the where life began, or to find our purpose, but to be fully immersed in joy. There have been a few moments in my life when I have been so happy that I had to draw myself back from my surroundings because I felt selfish publicly desiring more joy. There is no way to express this kind of elation. It is not a selfish yearning for more; it is the joy of discovering that there is more than what we have or will ever have here on earth. In those few and passing moments of joy in its most refined form, we must withdraw and allow God’s spirit to sweep in and transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment