Friday, April 23, 2010

Amy Jackson- Till We Have Faces Assignment

Welcome, Orual. My name is Tandra. I am the goddess of the moon. Although you only see me at night, I am constantly watching over the world from the skies. I have seen your life and your progression of character. Your love, although it seems pure, is twisted. You have been obsessive over Psyche. Do you want the best for her? Where did you learn of this jealous love?

Although you place the blame on the gods, it is clear to see that Psyche’s misfortune is your doing. Psyche was beautiful and good. She was happy with her husband and palace. Your love was selfish. Your ugliness has made you bitter. It has given you a feeling that you need to control people in order to have power.

Your actions have had a negative effect on many. However, I am a merciful goddess and I know that people’s character can change, just like the ocean’s tide. So I am going to give you a second chance. That is only if you accept it. You may only receive this mercy if you admit your wrongdoings and your need for a second chance. I leave the choice to you. If you want a second chance, may it be so. But if you cannot admit that you were wrong in your selfishness toward Psyche and your accusation of the gods, then you may have what you so desire, death.

No comments:

Post a Comment