Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vincent Farino Choice

I have been reading in the Holy Bible about the Devil. I have been curious just how the Devil felt about himself to think that he could be more powerful than God. I have found several verses that made my understanding of this subject more clear. Before I state the verses I believe that Lucifer (the Devil) had a longing for power that drove him to think he could be over God. Francis Bacon states, "the desire of power in excess caused the angels to fall..." I believe that these verses in the BIble support the fact that Lucifer had this longing for power. Isaiah 14:13 states about Lucifer, “You said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost of the sacred mountain” (NIV). There is a spiritual world that we as humans cannot see, and I believe that in this world in the beginning of time Lucifer believed that he could be more powerful than the one who gave him his power in the first place. Lucifer was the highest Angel in Heaven and his authority and power led him to long for more. For this longing he and 1/3 of the Angels were cast into Hell for all eternity. These longings that we have sometimes lead us to make poor decisions. We try to fill these longings with things of this world, but only the Creator of these longings can satisfy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment