Sunday, April 25, 2010

Narnia-Lauren Brooks

Narnia-Lauren Brooks
Many things in Narnia confuse me but the one that I struggle with the most is when Lucy is discussing Azlan with Mr. and Mrs. Beaver. “Of course he’s not safe, but he’s good” What does that mean?? Having some sense of safety in my religion/spirituality is something that is important to me and this quote from Lewis’s’ book really confuses me. The only thing I can seem to relate it too is that he means he is not safe because he is a lion and he is something good and great but at the same time he still has sharp claws and sharp teeth. He can be good, but he can also punish you for the wrong things you do. For example when the slave girl was whipped he scratched the girl for her to realize what she had done and to realize how selfish she was being. I think it also makes him appear more human, especially to Lucy since she was present when he was killed and when he came back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment