Friday, April 23, 2010

Kelsey Garegnani - Trinity

The other night in class we discussed the idea suggested in Sever Mercy (again I know) of seeing the trinity through a literary metaphor. I loved that we discussed this because when I read the book that part really stood out to me as an interesting and unique way to see the trinity. I also saw how from this we can see a metaphor for God as an author and the way he writes history as being similar to how CS Lewis creates fiction. Cs lewis uses books to create meaning that might not have been otherwise comprehended. In the same way God uses history as a way of symbolically creation that teaches us of that which we don’t understand. Iv heard it said before that God is the author of life and I really think that this is completely true in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment