Friday, April 23, 2010

The Role of Lewis - Elizabeth Roy

The Role of Lewis
Choice blog
Elizabeth Roy
4/23

I recently read an online article bashing C.S. Lewis on every side. Lewis, the author said, should not be taken as an example for the faith he claimed to profess. According to the author, Lewis' writings are doctrinally incorrect and his theology is lacking. But is this a problem? what should Lewis' role be? If, as the author posits, Lewis brings people to Christianity through marred beliefs, is that wrong? I personally do not think that Lewis would have had a problem with this article's argument. I do not think that Lewis saw himself as an absolute authority in the realm of Christianity. I believe it is a mistake to take him as anything other than a very intelligent and devout writer. I further do not think that Lewis himself would be happy about having a feast day in the episcopal calendar - in fact, I think Lewis may very well have been appalled.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/lewis/general.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment