Friday, April 23, 2010

Kelsey Garegani - Gifts of submission

One of my favorite stories written by a classmate was Heidi’s. Her story about the children following Aslan and findings rest and happiness in his ways instead of going their own way was very insightful. They, by listening to him still were able to fulfill what they had set out to do, but with better timing and were able to relax and have fun along the way. Peter was not so quick to give up leadership though and instead of being able to enjoy Aslans gifts was stressed and anxious. Because he though he knew better when aslant gave them rest he didn’t fully enjoy the gift and was not as rested as the others. Only when he gave up his own pride and followed was he able to enjoy the games with his siblings and friends. In the same way I have tried to do things on my own and my own way and turn a deaf ear to the Lord. When I do listen to Him though and follow Him, there is so much more peace and perfection in the way things turn out. His way os always better, but for some reason I am a lot like Peter in that I still am anxious thinking I know something God doesn’t! God has gifts and joy waiting for us in following him and submitting our ways to Him just as Aslan did for the children in Narnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment