Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Choice - Melissa Marazzi

As I think about graduating, I can’t help but look back on all my years and analyze my time spent here. I figured that I would naturally think I could have done more and could have experienced more, but this is such an easy trap to fall into – you could really say that about anything. We can always do more, it’s really a matter of if more is necessary – sometimes its not. I think what matters more is establishing a presence, being part of the environment and community that exists here. Being part of the environment, as Beldan Lane would describe, means that you are able to listen and communicate with the landscape around you, or the community around you. Then you can really experience the area and become part of it; establish a chora relationship. I think that this is a better standard to follow, rather than thinking about all the “more” you could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment