Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vincent Farino Outside reading

I really like this quote by C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity. He states, "if I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world" since "creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for those desires exists" (p. 120). I used this quote in my main thesis for the year about longing, and I believe that this quote really summed up my work. We humans try to fill these voids that are in our lives and we use anything such as drugs, sex, alcohol, entertainment, but I believe that none of those things can fulfill our longings. The reason being is because I believe we were created by God in Heaven and our one longing whether we know it or not is to be with him. To be with our creator the one who placed this longing in us from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment